MAXQDA

Right-click on dictionary category does not present options

Moderator: srueger

Right-click on dictionary category does not present options

10.12.2019, 02:28

Greetings,

I am using MAXQDA 2020 on a MacBook running Sierra (Mac OS 10.12.6). I am trying to duplicate a dictionary category so that I can edit the search items while keeping a copy of the original search items. The manual instructs that one should "Right-click the name of a dictionary and select Duplicate." However, right-clicking does not present the 'duplicate' option or any other option. Nothing happens. I have tried right-clicking using my trackpad as well as an external mouse. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
pambenn

Re: Right-click on dictionary category does not present opti

10.12.2019, 12:19

Greetings pambenn,

I believe there is a misunderstanding: the "Right-click the name of a dictionary and select Duplicate."-part in the manual refers to a dictionary, not a dictionary category. (The dictionary contains multiple categories and can be found one column further to the left.)

To duplicate a dictionary category, I would recommend to export the dictionary as a whole to Excel (right-click on the dictionary to do so), then edit the resulting Excel file and import it back into MAXQDA – that's the fastest way I believe. You can read more about this here:

https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx20-dictio/managing-dictionaries

We hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions