Importing Document Memos

26.09.2019, 16:01

I would like to import changes to the document memos of existing documents.

The use case is that I send an Excel sheet of document memos to another person, who adds text to the memo field, and sends it back for inclusion. I would like to import and overwrite the existing memos.

Using the "Documents from Excel" import does not change the existing document memos with any of the settings, and using "Import Codes and Memos" has a small field length, and truncates the memos with it treats as a variable.

Does anyone have any thoughts (other than getting the other worker a MAXQDA license)?

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Importing Document Memos

27.09.2019, 10:54

Hello!
Welcome to the MAXQDA User Forum!
Unfortunately, MAXQDA doesn't offer such a feature with document memos. It is currently only possible to import code memos as an Excel file into MAXQDA. But we will definitely forward this as a feature wish to our developers.
As a workaround, however, you could export the overview of document memos into Excel, share it with your colleagues for review and manually replace the old document memos with the reviewed ones using the "Overview of Memos" available under the tab "Reports". As a short-term solution, your colleagues might also consider using a trial version of MAXQDA for 15 days.

With best regards,

Aikokul
Aikokul

Re: Importing Document Memos

27.09.2019, 20:06

Thanks!
mloxton

Return to Technical Questions