twitter - Archiware P5 ?

18.07.2019, 12:02

Hello,
I try to connect my twitter account and follow the steps. But after I make the authorization I see a login page of Archiware P5, which I have never heard of. Do I have to download this program, which is not free?
I'd be grateful if there is anyone out there having the same problem or knows the solution to help me with this issue.
Thank you.
zeynep

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: MacOS Mojave
zepsaslan

Re: twitter - Archiware P5 ?

19.07.2019, 11:23

Hello Zeynep,

No, this is definitely not part of the usual MAXQDA Twitter import process. The only website that should appear is the Twitter API website, which starts with: https://api.twitter.com/...

We've never heard of this issue before, it sounds like you might have malware on your computer that has tricked your browser into opening up a second tab, but we are no experts for these scenarios. Please do not install this software to use the MAXQDA import feature!

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Gerson
MAXQDA Team
Julia Gerson

Re: twitter - Archiware P5 ?

20.07.2019, 15:49

Dear Julia,

Thank you for your reply.

I did not install Archiware.

I cleaned and scanned my mac thoroughly. There is no malware found.
Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled Maxqda.
But the problem remains.

Also, just it was before, I see an error notification -when I close the tab and try to connect again- saying, "Error transferring https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token - server replied : Forbidden Callback URL not approved for this client application. Approved callback URLs can be adjusted in your application settings."

What else could be done now?

Thanks and best wishes,
Zeynep
zepsaslan

Return to Technical Questions