Delete memo shortcut deletes the document

30.05.2019, 14:42

Hi there,

I just wanted to note something that might be good to fix. If you right-click the yellow square next to a document in the document system, it pulls up the context menu for the document memo. In the menu, 'delete memo' has a shortcut next to it: ⌘+⌫ . However, if you press ⌘+⌫, it will not delete the memo. Instead, it will delete whatever MAXQDA thinks you're referring to. In my case, it was the entire document. I simply used ⌘+Z to undo the document deletion. But for a brief second I got scared that deleting the document might result in a permanent loss of data, coding, timestamps, etc. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

But it also makes me wonder if people could accidentally delete documents without realizing it (if they have a lot of documents, they may not notice right away that one got deleted). The same thing for memos next to codes: I imagine ⌘+⌫ deletes the selected code even though MAXQDA says ⌘+⌫ will delete the memo.

Probably not a big deal. Just wanted to note this issue.

Thanks, John

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
team_uni

Re: Delete memo shortcut deletes the document

03.06.2019, 13:27

Dear team_uni,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue! I wasn't able to reproduce the error here with my Mac, but that could be due to different versions. I have now informed our test department, they will try to isolate and fix the error as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions