Teamwork import fails

25.04.2019, 23:49

Am trying for the first time to import teamwork exchange file, but get an error message that the automatic backup failed and the import aborts.

I checked automatic backup was selected and that the location of the backup is correct, and these were correct.

Any ideas of what might be causing this problem?

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Teamwork import fails

29.04.2019, 17:22

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue! The inability to create an automatic backup could indicate missing write-access to the path where the backups are supposed to be stored.. did you change this path maybe? You could try to change it (again) to another path and see if that helps; one can find the respective option by clicking on the gear-symbol at the top right, then it's the first option in the options window that pops up.

Otherwise I'm afraid I also don't know why this happens.. I will ask the programmers tomorrow and come back to you afterwards.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Re: Teamwork import fails

29.04.2019, 22:49

Thanks Andreas.
I was able to get it working just by changing the backup location.
I have access to the previous location, but maybe there is something about it going to a thumbdrive that isn't acceptable at runtime

-M
mloxton

Return to Technical Questions