Twitter autocode

17.03.2019, 14:23

Hi there,

I downloaded around 30,000 tweets from a specific organisation that I am analysing. I did not use the MAXQDA app to download this data, due to its limitations for what I am looking to analyse. When I import the dataset from an excel file, MAXQDA does not recognise it as a social media dataset, thus it does not offer me the auto-code option that creates a code for each hashtag and user mention on the dataset.

Is there a way to import this excel document of tweets into MAXQDA as a Twitter specific dataset? Or how could I autocode each hashtags and user mentions (So I can have one code for each hashtag and user mention)?

Thank you in advance.

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
Marcus Gomes

Re: Twitter autocode

31.03.2019, 17:24

You could use the "lexical search" function to search for certain hashtags, etc. and the lexical search function then allows you to autocode the "hits" (which should be first reviewed, and you can delete any hits that shouldn't be there before autocoding). Hope this helps. Sincerely, Aine Humble
FadaConsulting

Re: Twitter autocode

03.04.2019, 17:03

I'm afraid the feature mentioned is not avaible when the data hasn't been imported directly from twitter.. I will pass this on to our development team as a feature request though, hopefully it can be integrated in the future.

Kind regards,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions