Guidelines for Windows multi monitor setup

25.02.2019, 13:13

Hi,

I recently moved to working with MAXQDA on a Pc and I am having huge issues working on multi monitor setups. Particularly I can nver get the icon and font size to display at a proper scale. I am using to differnt setups one at work and one at work. At home i connect my high resolution ultrabook (3000x2000) to a 32"ultra wide display and at work I connect it to 26" 1080p display. In both setups the icons or text look horrible. I think its an issue of the two displays having a different scale factor, but I have not found any meanigfull way to work in this setup without icons or texts in menus looking wierd. Can you provide som guidelines?

Kind regards
Peter

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
hibmathbergen

Re: Guidelines for Windows multi monitor setup

27.02.2019, 14:02

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting us! Yes, we have encountered this issue before; the root of the problem is indeed that there are two monitors, one of which is high resolution (> 1080p), while the other is not. The only way to address this issue is to use either two high-resolution-monitors, or two normal-resolution-monitors; a mixture of both won't help.

The easiest way to address this issue would therefore be to scale down your retina-high-resolution to 1080p (1920x1080 or below).

We hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas Veltens
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions