coding line disappeared randomly

03.12.2018, 20:35

I had this problem in coding: some lines that indicate the coded segments didn't show. Like shown in the screenshot, the area marked red was actually supposed to show the coding, but just disappeared. I checked the code system, and the coded segments were already recorded. So the coding was in fact functioning well, just not showed in the text, which made it very inconvenient.

This problem was totally random for now. As shown in the screenshot, the coding lines were normal earlier, but then suddenly stopped showing. I tried restarting the project, software, and even computer, but the problem remained.

Is this a system bug, or a hidden setting I didn't notice?

p.s. my operating system is Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 2.19.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 2.19.41 PM.png (44.26 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
icywonderHT

Re: coding line disappeared randomly

04.12.2018, 13:51

Dear icywonderHT,
thank you for your detailed description and welcome to the MAXQDA Forum! I'm almost certain that the display of certain code colors has simply been turned off for the "Document Browser". To display them again, just right-click in the are where the coding stripe should appear. You'll get a context menu that allows you to display them again. You can read more about this here:

https://www.maxqda.com/help-max18/05-coding/visualizing-coded-segments-in-the-document-browser

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Re: coding line disappeared randomly

04.12.2018, 19:36

Thank you! That perfectly solved the myth.
icywonderHT

Return to Technical Questions