Narrative analysis

28.11.2018, 00:19

Hi there. I'm currently using MAXQDA2018 for Mac OS Mojave. I am working on transcriptions currently. My project is a narrative inquiry. I am wondering if there is any information available online about organizing transcripts into chronological narratives using MAXQDA.

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
team_uni

Re: Narrative analysis

29.11.2018, 11:54

Hi again,

no, I'm afraid there is no guide especially for narrative inquiries. However, I think I can give you some hints:

If the chronological order is already present for each document, you would probably want to use Document Variables to process this information for each transcript. To learn about Document Variables and the Mixed Methods features that built upon Document Variables, I can highly recommend the following video tutorial:

https://www.maxqda.com/learn-maxqda/maxqda-2018-video-tutorials#&id=AYuJTOUdkwM

It also explains how you can transform code frequencies into Document Variables, in case you need to reconstruct the chronological order by coding your transcripts.

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Re: Narrative analysis

30.11.2018, 00:11

Thank you! This certainly gives me something to work with. Appreciate it.
team_uni

Return to Technical Questions