Dragging code

21.11.2018, 14:15

Hi, I am half way through coding my documents, and I am suddenly unable to drag codes into the document.
I have updated today. Please help!

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
emily.hirt

Re: Dragging code

21.11.2018, 17:03

Hello Emily,
thanks for your question and welcome to the MAXQDA Forum! What do you mean exactly by "unable to drag codes into the document"? Are there no coding stripes at the left column of the "Document Browser"? But the number of coded segments still increases in the "List of Codes" when you code, but the codes just won't show up in the "Document Browser"?

In this case, it's very likely that displaying coded segments is simply turned of for the "Document Browser". To display the hidden coded segments agin, please rightclick on the grey coding-stripe-area left of your document in the document browser, and select to display all code-colors. Otherwise, coding a segment that has already been coded with the same code (even if it is currently not shown) will not work. You can read more about this here:

https://www.maxqda.com/help-max18/05-coding/visualizing-coded-segments-in-the-document-browser

If it's not that, you could also try to reset user settings, to see if that helps:

1) Press the windows-key + R and enter the following path: %APPDATA%\MAXQDA2018
2) Delete the files "MAXQDA2018.ini" and (if existing) "MAXQDA2018.ini.LOCK"

This will not delete any of your data – only the list of recently opened projects will be cleared, window arrangements reset, and entered search terms in the lexical search will be deleted.

If that still doesn't help, please don't hesitate to write to us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions