Export documents with code X and import them elsewhere

Export documents with code X and import them elsewhere

26.09.2018, 11:19

[see also: https://www.maxqda.com/en/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1295&p=3731#p3731 ]

How can I export all documents with a certain code (like 'weet niet') and import these documents (with the assigned codes) into another project?

Maybe this is a way of merging projects, but I only want to add / merge the subset of documents containing code 'weet niet' with the current project.
How to do this?

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
Loekarin

Re: Export documents with code X and import them elsewhere

26.09.2018, 12:04

In addition, I looked at: https://www.maxqda.com/help-max18/teamwork/transferring-coded-segments-memos-variables-etc-from-one-project-to-another

It has the option: Exchanging coded segments, memos, and variables for several documents at the same time
, although this does not mention the codes itself.

The thing is, that I do not have a document group, but a document set.
And it is not possible to right click on the document SET,
and choose Teamwork > Export Teamwork from the context menu that appears.

Do I make a mistake, or should this be a feature request?
It would be easy if I could export a whole set of documents, from a previously created document set, and then import this in a teamwork project.
Loekarin

Re: Export documents with code X and import them elsewhere

26.09.2018, 12:16

Ah yes that's easily accomplished. Once you have created the document set (just answered you in the topic you mentioned), go to "Home > Project from Activated Documents". This will transfer everything related to those documents (codes, variables, memos).
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions