How can I adjust the order in subcode statististics table?

How can I adjust the order in subcode statististics table?

25.09.2018, 17:33

I created a table using subcode statistics, see:

Two subcodes (Fathers and mothers; and Fathers, mothers and children) occur just as often. But for the sake of the story I'm telling, it would be nice to see 'Fathers, mothers and children' on top, then secondly 'fathers and mothers' en then thirdly 'mothers'.

How can I change the order in which the horizontal table beams appear? It seems that I can not simply drag and drop them into the preferred order.

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
Loekarin

Re: How can I adjust the order in subcode statististics tabl

26.09.2018, 09:26

The order in which the chart will be created depends on the order of the table in the same window. You can change it by clicking on a column header, so that it will be alphabetically orderd for example. When you switch back, you'll see the chart in the same order.

I'm not sure how "Fathers," and "Fathers and" will be ordered.. but in any case, you could also just for this instance number the subcodes in the prefered order. Via Microsoft Paint you could then easily delete the numbers from the picture.

Kind regards,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

26.09.2018, 13:31

It seems that the only option in the table view is to order alphabetically. In this example that works, but this was just an example. I don't see how I can re-order the rows in the table (not the columns) in any order I want. (which then accordingly are represented in the graphics view)

Is that possible?
Loekarin

26.09.2018, 16:56

No, I'm afraid it has to be ordered either alphabetically or by the number of segments. I'll add it to our wishlist to order them via drag & drop.
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

28.09.2018, 14:41

Great!
That creates the opportunity to use other ordening principles.
Loekarin

Return to Technical Questions