Moving multiple codes

10.08.2018, 16:39

Is there an elegant way to move multiple codes at the same time?

I am conducting a Card-Sorting/Affinity-Mapping exercise and would be moving groups or multiple codes under a parent code. Is there a way to do multiple selections in the code system?

-M

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Moving multiple codes

14.08.2018, 10:31

Right now, the only possiblity to select multiple codes at once is to click on them one after another. But in the very near future, MAXQDA will allow multiple selection of codes in the code system via shift+click or ctrl+click, that'll be much more elegant.
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

14.08.2018, 20:25

Thanks Andreas, yes, shift-click and ctrl-click would be very useful for multiple selection.

Another feature that would be very useful is to be able to right-click a single selected or multiple selected codes and be able to move them from that option menu.

Best
M
mloxton

20.08.2018, 09:39

Thank you as well for your activity! Hmm I'm not sure how you envision this exactly (right-click on the selected codes, and then get suggestions (e.g. the most used codes -> "code quick list") to move them somewhere else)? But I've just played around with the Beta and I think that with the combination of selecting and activating documents, one should now be able to move everything quite comfortably in any way desired. (At least, I couldn't find a case yet where I couldn't accomplish what I wanted.)

Kind regards,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions