Memo not saved after error message

31.07.2018, 21:47

[attachment=0]Error message MAXQDA.JPG[/attachment]

While writing a large memo (took me over an hour) this error message came up (except the heading now says 'Preferences' because that's the window I had open, where it said Memo before). I could click it away three times (the messages were the same but the numbers changed), and keep working. But when I closed and reopened my memo, all my work was gone! It had saved my work after 5 minutes but not after that. Can someone prevent this nightmare from happening again please? :-(

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
Attachments
Error message MAXQDA.JPG
Error message MAXQDA.JPG (20.95 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
Mary86

Re: Memo not saved after error message

31.07.2018, 22:45

[attachment=0]Memo error.JPG[/attachment]

This is the message that comes up while writing memos. I suspect it appears every time it's trying to save the file.
Attachments
Memo error.JPG
Memo error.JPG (21.34 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
Mary86

Re: Memo not saved after error message

01.08.2018, 09:28

Hm yes, that might be connected to the issue we discussed in the other thread (the need to open the project file from a local hard drive). Now the structure of the database might be damaged.

But luckily there is a possibility to create a new database structure for your data in three easy steps:

1) Create a new project file and save it on your local hard drive (e.g. your desktop)
2) Go to the "Home"-tab, and select "Merge projects" (all the way to the right)
3) Select your existing project file and merge them

That usually already gets rid of such problems.

If not, then it would be best if we could check the integrity of the database here and repair the file manually if necessary. In this case I'll send you a link to upload your project file.
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions