MAXQDA

Can't connect to Twitter

13.06.2018, 21:47

I am getting an error running 18.0.7 on MacOS Sierra. I had never logged into Twitter via MaxQDA before tonight, and when I click Import Data from Twitter > Connect to Twitter , I get the following error message:

Error transferring https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token - server replied: Forbidden
Callback URL not approved for this client application. Approved callback URLs can be adjusted in your application settings

Is this fixed in 18.0.8 ? I am doing fieldwork and using pay-as-you-go internet so I would rather not download the new version at the moment unless it definitely fixes the problem.

Thanks
Derick

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
derickfay

Re: Can't connect to Twitter

14.06.2018, 10:38

Hi Derick,

Thanks for asking! Twitter changed something in their API last evening, so one of our programmers had to check some option somewhere – now it should work again (no update required, although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt, but I know the logic of not changing the system if it's not necessary when you're in the middle of a project..). If it doesn't in your case, please write us again!

Kind regards,

Andreas
Andreas V.

22.11.2021, 14:50

Hello Andreas,

It`s now the End of 2021, and i use the latest version of MAX QDA (Version 20.4.1.).
Nevertheless i get the same Error message when i try to implement twitter data into MAX QDA.
What should i do now?

Kind Regards,

Florian
Florian A.

23.11.2021, 13:00

Hi Florian,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue! I don't think it is connected to the original issue of this thread (otherwise I believe we might have heard more in the three years in between), but we would be happy to investigate why this error occurs on your end.

First of all, could you update to the (now) more recent version, 20.4.2 (it should actually ask for this automatically, but you can also click on the "?" at the top right and select "Search for updates")? Maybe that will already get rid of the problem.

If not: could you create a ticket (with your message as content) using our support form, so we have all the necessary information (like your operating system) at hand?

You can use the following link to do so:

https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Please feel free to contact us in case of any further questions.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions