New timestamps after finished adding timestamps

25.01.2018, 21:39

Hi, wondering if Im doing something wrong. I added timestamps to a transcript that is connected to a video. I completed adding timestamps to the entire text transcriptt and realized that Id like to put even more in during a spot that has a duration of about 10 minutes. It won't let me add any timestamps between existing timestamps. Ive tried to go into transcribe mode but that does work either. Anyone have an idea?

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)

My current research:

http://www.FredSahakian.com

Toolkit: Bookends, MaxQDA, PDF Expert, IA Writer, MindNode, OmniFocus, SwiftText, DEVONthink, Alfred, and ClipMenu
FredS

Re: New timestamps after finished adding timestamps

29.01.2018, 18:14

Hi Fred,

did you make sure that the cursor in the "Media Browser" is between the respective timestamps? I mean analogue to your transcript? That's very often the case if this issue comes up. If you don't set the cursor there, MAXQDA won't know where to connect it to the video exactly, that's why you always have to set both cursors.
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas II.

10.02.2018, 04:47

Thanks, Andreas. I played with it a little and got it to work, but it's a little flakey, sometimes I can just put the cursor on a spot in the timeline of the video, and the Timestamp option is greyed out. Other times it works. The same happens when I select a segment of the video, sometimes it works, and other times the Timestamp option stays grey.

My current research:

http://www.FredSahakian.com

Toolkit: Bookends, MaxQDA, PDF Expert, IA Writer, MindNode, OmniFocus, SwiftText, DEVONthink, Alfred, and ClipMenu
FredS

16.07.2018, 02:29

Thanks. It works. I forgot to get the cursor in the "Media Browser" between the respective timestamps
gmail sign up another account
rhino9

Return to Technical Questions