MAXQDA

Disable Automatic Backup Notice

17.03.2023, 03:18

Whenever I start MAXQDA, it warns that it has not backed up a file in one day and will do so, that I can change all of this in the settings.

I am never quite sure if it is telling me:

• Everything is fine and this is just a friendly reminder that MAXQDA is performing a backup, or
  • Something went horribly wrong and the automatic backup that you specified in the settings is not working -- ACT NOW!

I am not really confident if the message is a notice or a call to action. If it is just a notice, can I tell MAXQDA not to provide that notice?

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Windows 11
marty.scholes

Re: Disable Automatic Backup Notice

17.03.2023, 13:57

Hey Marty,

Thank you for reaching out!

This message is indeed telling you, that everything is fine. This is just a friendly reminder that MAXQDA is performing a backup.

You cannot turn this message off. However, if you adjust the backup interval, the messages become less frequent. For this, simply open the settings of MAXQDA via the gear icon in the upper right corner.

All the best on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Steven
Steven_eng

18.03.2023, 22:09

OK, thanks for the clarification.
marty.scholes

21.03.2023, 02:05

Aha! The backup check runs on startup. I have backups set to run daily and left MAXQDA running all weekend then shut it down last night. Tonight I started MAXQDA and it exclaimed that backups have not run in 3 days!

That means that to ensure regular backups, restart MAXQDA regularly.
marty.scholes

23.03.2023, 15:17

Dear Marty,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the backups are always checked and conducted when you open MAXQDA. The idea here is that only if you open MAXQDA new progress is being made.

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions