MAXQDA

Video codes not showing in video timeline

30.11.2022, 19:18

Hello,

Somehow some codes I applied to videos are not showing in the video timeline. The codes do appear in the overview of coded segments though. It is confusing because when I check the videos, I have no clue if some segments have been coded or not. Did I turn off something accidentally or is this a glitch? How do I bring back the codes to the video timeline?

Thanks very much,
Arita

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Mac OS X 12.x (Monterey)
Arita

Re: Video codes not showing in video timeline

01.12.2022, 11:37

Dear Arita,

Thank you for your question! This is probably a glitch that can be resolved by resetting the user settings:

To reset the user settings, please klick on the gear-icon in the top right of the MAXQDA menu choose "User Interface" and then "Reset interface settings" and press "OK”. MAXQDA will close and restart and the coding stripes should be back.

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

05.12.2022, 16:59

Thanks very much. I tried resetting the user interface but the codes are still not there. Any other suggestions?
Arita

06.12.2022, 11:14

Hey Arita!

Would it be possible for you to contact our MAXQDA function support at: https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

We might need to take a look at the specific technicalities of your working environments.
For this, we kindly ask you to send us the file "MAXQDA 2022_Support.zip" from your computer. You can find the file in MAXQDA under "? > Export support file".

All the best on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Steven
Steven_eng

06.12.2022, 21:43

Will do. Thanks a lot! :-)
Arita

Return to Technical Questions