MAXQDA

Coding audio files: no codes in doc browser

11.08.2022, 13:54

Hi there,
I have 30 recorded English lessons of which I will only transcribe a few parts but whose corresponding audio files I want to code directly. Now, I have started the coding process, however, the assigned codes do not show in the document browser. Is there a way to show the time markers of the coded segments together with the codings in the doc browser? I feel like there must be and would be IMMENSELY grateful for any help.
Thank you and best wishes from Austria,
Jasmin

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Windows 10
jasmin.peskoller

Re: Coding audio files: no codes in doc browser

12.08.2022, 15:41

Hi Jasmin,

Unfortunately, there is no direct connection between the transcript and the audio track. If you code the audio track, nothing changes on the transcript. For this reason it is important to consider which information is the most relevant for you: the audio track or the written transcription. If you need both, you would need to code them separately.

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions