MAXQDA

Trying to close a code or word cloud

20.05.2022, 15:05

Hi
Whenever I create a code cloud, I cannot do this without closing Max completely. There is no obvious way to do this. I'm sure I was able to do it previously. Any thoughts? Thank you
(Using Max 18.2.5)
Anne-Laure

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
Anne-Laure

Re: Trying to close a code or word cloud

23.05.2022, 13:44

Hi Anne-Laure,

Thank you for posting here.

You should be able to close the code cloud via the "x" directly in the code cloud window. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut "Alt+F4" on Windows to close the current window. If this doesn't work, it is possible that the file containing your user settings might be corrupted. To rule this out, please reset your user settings as follows:

- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the MAXQDA interface
- Check the box "Reset user settings"
- Click "OK" and MAXQDA will have to restart

Please be aware that due to this your list of recently opened projects will be emptied. Your MAXQDA project files remain untouched at the location they were saved at and can be opened through "Open existing project" > "other project" > "OK".

We hope this helps! If not, we kindly ask you to contact our online support directly via the following form:
https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Kind regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions