How to open a MAXQDA 2022 project in MAXQDA 2020
MAXQDA 2020 cannot open the .mx22 format of a MAXQDA 2022 project, but you can save a MAXQDA 2022 project to the .mx20 file format of MAXQDA 2020 by following these steps:
- Open the project in MAXQDA 2022.
- Select Start > Save project as from the main menu bar.
- Set the file type to “MAXQDA 2020 Projects”, select a file name and location, and then click Save.
A few elements of MAXQDA 2022 will be changed, because MAXQDA 2020 does not have the functionality to handle new or changed features:
- Text codes in PDF documents are converted to image codes.
- emoticodes in the “List of codes” will become normal codes with the emoticode symbol at the beginning of the code name.
- Memo titles are shortened to 63 characters.
- Code and document summaries in code and document memos are deleted.