How to open a MAXQDA 2020 project in MAXQDA 2018
MAXQDA 2018 cannot open the .mx20 format of a MAXQDA 2020 project, but you can save a MAXQDA 2020 project to the .mx18 file format of MAXQDA 2018 by following these steps:
- Open the project in MAXQDA 2020.
- Select Start > Save project as from the main menu bar.
- Set the file type to “MAXQDA 2018 Projects”, select a file name and location, and then click Save.
Please note that not all elements of MAXQDA 2020 can be transferred to MAXQDA 2018:
- Codeset memos are converted into free memos.
- The memo type “RQ” is converted into a normal memo type.
- Document links that refer to a memo or are saved within a memo as well as coded segments that are assigned to a memo are not saved in the project file.
- Maps from MAXMaps are not saved in the project file.
How to open a MAXQDA 2018 project in MAXQDA 12
To open a MAXQDA 2018 project in MAXQDA 12, you first need to save your MAXQDA 2018 in the MAXQDA Exchange File format (.mex). You can find a detailed description of this process in the MAXQDA online manual.