Document count

27.10.2016, 15:35

Hello,
I'm looking for a simple way to display the number of documents inside a document group. In the Document Browser, I can see instead the "number of coded segments" but not the number of imported documents.

I've been using the "Overview of coded segments" to at least get the number of documents I have coded so far but that still won't give me the actual number of docs in the group. Surely there must be a simple way to do this?

Many thanks,
Chris

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 10
cmhud

Re: Document count

31.10.2016, 09:51

Hi cmhud,

There is no "build-in" function that is labeled "show me the number of docs per group in MAXQDA", but there are standard functions you can use to get this information.

For example, you can use the new module "Stats" for statistical analysis, that is part of MAXQDA Analytics Pro and create a crosstab (you should have a demo version of MAXQDA Stats if you bought your license before Septemer 20, 2016):
a) Select "Stats > Start Stats with all documents and codes" from the main menu
b) Select "Compare groups > Crosstabs" from the Stats menu
c) Select "Document group" as the rows and "Document name" for the columns (or vice versa).
d) The sums in the last row / column contain the information you are looking for.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions