Code Matrix - Issues in exporting

12.10.2016, 09:09

Good morning all,

I am experiencing an issue while exporting in png my code matrix table. Since I need to group the participants of my interviews into specific groups, I need to shift the columns accordingly in a specific sequence (e.g. P1 - P5 - P6 ; P2-P10 - P7; P3 - P8 - P9). However, when I use the export function the columns reshuffle and do not keep my order. I am under MAC OS X Sierra. The problem is solved when I used 'copy to clipboard'. However, the quality of the image is lower.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

Armando

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
aramis

Re: Code Matrix - Issues in exporting

12.10.2016, 14:14

Hi Aramis,

Many thanks for your post. If you resort the documents in the "Document System" window, MAXQDA will take the sorting for the Code Matrix Browser, too.

We will fix the issue with sorting order when exporting to PNG in a free update in the future.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA-Team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

12.10.2016, 17:12

Dear Stefan,

thank you very much for your kind reply. I had tried already to sort the Focus Groups in the "Document System" window but Code Matrix Browser still does not take the sorting. Do you have a rough idea on how long this might take to be solved?

Thanks again,

Armando
aramis

17.10.2016, 12:50

Dear Armando,

I have tested it and I think I found what you meant (because we had problems to reproduce it first): even if you change the sorting of Focus Group documents in the Document System window, the Code Matrix Browser will keep the origin sorting of Focus Group documents, when you use modus "Focus group participants".

We should be able to fix this issue with the free update to 12.3, which should be released within 4-6 weeks. We will inform you as soon as there is a preview for the version (you should already be in contact with our support team). Meanwhile you might load your project on a Windows computer, because if you use the screenshot symbol here, you should get a better resolution for the Code Matrix Browser image.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

19.10.2016, 16:06

Dear Stefan,

thank you very much for your kind answer. Yes I am already in contact with your support time and I am glad this will be solved soon. Meanwhile, I will try through Windows =)

Best Regards,

Armando
aramis

07.11.2016, 20:19

i agree with the second comment about that
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
kakaronaldo

Return to Technical Questions