Max for mac 11.2.0 froze during use, project won't open

18.02.2015, 16:44

While working on one of my maxqda projects the program froze. After force quitting and restarting my machine, that program file will open until 97% and then freeze again. All of my other projects open fine so there is something that must have corrupted that file. My backup doesn't have all of the work I've done to create the code system, code memos, in-document memos, coding, and logbook...
1) Is there any hope for opening the freezing project file and not losing essentially all of my work?
2) how can I schedule daily backups of my active program files to avoid losing work (and time to figure out what happened)?

I really like working with Max and have recommended it to so many people... I really hope max for mac bugs get worked out quickly...
ESOawesome

Re: Max for mac 11.2.0 froze during use, project won't open

18.02.2015, 21:21

By virtue of some miracle the third time I tried opening this project today (probably 6th or 7th time trying to open this since the problem started yesterday) it actually opened! It looks like all of my work is there except for the logbook entry I was working on when the project initially froze (rainbow wheel of death spinning, nothing on project would respond).
ESOawesome

Return to Technical Questions