Data Analysis

24.05.2016, 15:02

So I have 120 Interviews in Arabic, and my work will be in English and my supervisor doesn't speak Arabic. So I entered all the transcriptions in Arabic and the codes in English so that I make it easier for my supervisor to see the codes with me. The question is will this generate results for me?
Another thing I have three levels of coding: Parent code and 2 sub-codes. I can't see the total of the sub-codes in front of the parent code!! example attached
When I right click on the parent code to overview linked memos or linked codes nothing comes out
Your advise is highly appreciated and help
Thank you

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 10
Attachments
Print Screen.PNG
Print Screen.PNG (23.43 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
Shahinaz Khalil

Re: Data Analysis

06.06.2016, 13:16

Dear Shahinaz Khalil,

Many thanks for your post! I think analyzing data will generate results always and is independent from the research, although the outcome may differ, if you work in native language or another language. Anyway, lots of MAXQDA users work with english as a research language and data in several different languages and it works fine.

Yes, this is correct: MAXQDA displays next to the text only the code itself, not the parent codes. If a code has a parent code the displayed code name will start with two dots "..". Code + parent code will be displayed in the Overview of coded segments and will be displayed if the window "Retrieved Segments" will be exported.

The "Overview of linked memos" contains the memos only of the chosen code.
If you collapse the subcodes of the code "Knowledge" and double click on this code, the "Overview of coded segments" will contain the code and the subcodes.

Maybe these information about retrieval of coded segments will contain some more helpful hints, too:
http://www.maxqda.com/support/help/maxq ... rieval.htm

We hope this information helps. Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Return to MAXQDA in Research