Broken file?

13.09.2017, 20:39

In addition to my program becoming unresponsive and having difficulty closing, today, I received a message indicating the project file cannot be opened because the file may be broken. I always safely remove any flash drives prior to disconnecting them or turning off the computer, so that shouldn't be the issue. As mentioned, my program has become progressively more sluggish and unresponsive as I add interview transcripts to the project. However, the project itself is still VERY small.

broken.png
error message
broken.png (35.83 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Please note the size of the highlighted project file.
file size.png
file size
file size.png (52.88 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 10
Alan260

Re: Broken file?

14.09.2017, 10:08

Dear Alan,

thank your for bringing this to our attention. To find out what's going on, I have just sent you an email asking for your project file. My educated guess would be that this happened because at one point, the usb drive disconnected and reconnected while MAXQDA was saving data to the project file. One will most probably only realize that this dis- and reconnecting has happened if windows system sounds are activated. From my experience, it's almost always either this or a cloud-service making problems.
However, this is just speaking from experience. I am not at liberty to discuss anything related to our clients in public, so there will be no update on this or any other support case here from my side.
Kind regards,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Re: Broken file?

15.09.2017, 15:02

HELP!

I've spent the past 2 days REDOING the coding I lost as a result of the broken file and now the NEW FILE IS BROKEN!!!!! I can't keep going around in circles like this if I ever expect to finish my doctorate!
Alan260

Return to Technical Questions