Time stamp problems

22.12.2016, 15:31

Hello,

While coding, when I highlight the text that I'll code, sometimes I highlight the time stamp by mistake as well. Actually, this happens every so often. Whenever I highlight the time stamp it opens a new tab in the browser and tries to direct me to the localhost. I don't have to click on the time stamp, just highlighting the stamp by mistake is enough.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ozge

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 8
ozge

Re: Time stamp problems

23.12.2016, 09:00

Hello OZGE,

Many thanks for your post. I understand the issue. Usually it is more comfortable to use a time stamp format for transcripts that MAXQDA can interpret (hh:mm:ss-ms) and that is extracted from the file during import.

Before you import the next transcript I would suggest to change the time stamp format or to delete all links from the transcript. To delete the link functionality: open the file in Word, press Ctrl+A to highlight all and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.

Anyhow: for the already imported data it might help to check if you are working with the latest release of MAXQDA 12 on Windows. You can see the release version in the title bar of the MAXQDA main window. Right now the 12.2.1 is the latest version available. I tried it with the latest version and a link inside a coded segments opens only if I click on the link.

Best regards,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions