selecting multiple codes

30.07.2016, 21:03

Hi!
I am a new user, just bought the program a few days ago. I cannot find the way to select and operate with several codes at the same time?
I want to reorganise ten or fifteen subcodes from code to another, I had to do it one by one?
Thanks!
Nikola

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 7
infinito

Re: selecting multiple codes

31.07.2016, 19:12

Hi,

MAXQDA often works with activation and does not allow selection of multiple codes or documents. You can move them one by one, or you can use the activation principle in MAXQDA:

1. Activate the codes you want to move by clicking on the red dot left to the code icon and switch the color to red.
2. Right click on the new parent destination code and choose "Move activated codes here". Please note, that all codes will be moved to the same hierarchy level. If you want to move multiple codes and keeping their subcode structure, you can only activate the "highest" code and its subcodes will be moved automatically.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Re: selecting multiple codes

01.08.2016, 16:23

Thank you very much!

Still, I find it a bit cumbersome and unintuitive compared to drag and drop of multiple selected items.
Now as I've been using the system alot in the last two days I have more issues with the activation interface but I will post this as a new features list. In the moments it requires too many clicks for simplest action.
infinito

Return to Technical Questions