Delete coding glitch MaxQDA 11.2.5 for mac

22.03.2016, 22:31

I have noticed a problem that consistently happens with my maxQDA project and want to report it in case anyone knows any troubleshooting or it can be fixed in an update.

Anytime I need to delete coding I have to mouse over the coding stripe but my double finger click rarely if ever pulls up the delete coding menu for more than a second. It flashes and goes away. I have learned that I can double click on the coding stripe with two fingers on my laptop's trackpad, which will flash the delete coding menu and then show a comment dialogue box. If I click "OK" on the dialogue box the program will show and hold open the delete coding menu. Once that happens I can successfully select to delete the coding and click OK when a dialogue box opens to ask me if I am sure I want to do that. That would be an only slightly annoying workaround, but once I delete coding things start to get really weird.

My highlighted text sections sometimes jump around, a coding color menu shows up without me doing anything to obviously select that, and things get so jumpy and strange I often need to restart the program to resolve the weirdness. The final straw that prompted me to post was that moments ago after deleting a coding stripe, the whole program did a couple strange things then quit unexpectedly.

Not sure what's going on with the program that it glitches out when I need to delete a coding stripe, but it happens consistently. I hope that deleting coding stripes on MaxQDA for Mac can be easier and less glitchy in the future.

Thanks!

Version: MAXQDA 11
System: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
ESOawesome

Re: Delete coding glitch MaxQDA 11.2.5 for mac

23.03.2016, 08:30

Hello -

We have not been able to reproduce this behaviour on our systems. To investigate the issue, we kindly ask you to contact the MAXQDA support team at http://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport and send in your MAXQDA project (scroll down to the bottom of the page to send a message).

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Gerson
MAXQDA Team
Julia Gerson

Return to Technical Questions