Column headers in exported excel files

25.02.2016, 14:31

Hi again :D

I am about to prune my codes, which I thought I would do in an excell document, where I can make advanced sorting add extra comment column etc.
I have however encountered a problem. If I choose to export "coded segments" of an activated document the contents in the code column has the format [parentcode/code] in maxqda but in the excel file it simply has the format [code] without the parent code being visible. I would like to be able to see the parent code also.

I tried to do this by exporting the overview of codes, where i get a seperate code column and a parent code column. However there is no option to see a preview of the segment that has been coded.

Kind regards
Peter
hibmathbergen
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 15.10.2015, 11:13

Re: Column headers in exported excel files

25.02.2016, 14:38

UPDATE

I discovered that the above described behavior where the parent code is not visible in the exported excel file does not occur if i use the "export option" rather than the "open as excel table". I think this might be a bug in the "open as excel table" option:)

Kind regards
Peter
hibmathbergen
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 15.10.2015, 11:13

Re: Column headers in exported excel files

07.03.2016, 09:43

Hi Peter,

many thanks for your post. We see the issue and will integrate the parent code into the Excel file when using the "Excel" icon for export.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker
 
Posts: 254
Joined: 12.02.2007, 10:18

Return to Technical Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest