using Olympus foot pedal with MAXQDA 12 for transcription

28.09.2015, 00:35

Hello

I am trying to use an Olympus RS-28 foot pedal with MAXQDA 12, for transcription.

I've tested the foot pedal with f4 transkript and so I have confirmed the foot pedal works with my operating system.

However, when I try to use the foot pedal in MAXQDA, it does not operate the play/pause button.

What troubleshooting steps should I follow to investigate this problem?

Kindest regards

Justin
~Justin
justinfield5

Re: using Olympus foot pedal with MAXQDA 12 for transcriptio

28.09.2015, 08:40

Hi Justin,

MAXQDA supports the foot pedals “Science” and “Science II” from the company audiotranskription.de:

● The yellow “Science” switch has the same functionality as the F4 or F5 key (depending on the software setting): Press once to play, and a second time to stop.
● The black “Science II” switch must be held down to play media data, and will stop playing when released.

MAXQDA will also support all foot pedals that send the "key signal" F4 or F5. If the Olympus can be programmed to send this "key signal" this may help, but the olympus webpage doesn't present the information that this is possible. So we think this foot pedal does not work with MAXQDA.

Best regards,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Re: using Olympus foot pedal with MAXQDA 12 for transcriptio

28.09.2015, 23:58

Stefan -

Thank you for this clarification.

May I suggest that you update the support manual and online references to indicate which foot pedals are supported in MAXQDA 12?

The workaround, for readers of this forum, is to use the Olympus foot pedal with F4 pro software. I can confirm that works with no problems.

Kindest regards

Justin
~Justin
justinfield5

Return to Technical Questions