Scrolling and selecting

26.04.2013, 19:21

My project has a lot of codes... sometimes the code is not visible in the coding window and I have scroll up or down to find it.... this normally happens after I have selected the text in the document window. Clicking and dragging the text towards the coding window, I am able to scroll downwards by dragging it over and holding the cursor over the bottom of the coding pane --- the codes start to scroll down by themselves.... but it does not work the same way to go up... am I doing something wrong?

Also I was wondering if there was an option I could check to not deselect text after I have coded it. Quite often I have to code the same text with multiple different codes. After I code the text it is automatically deselected and I have to select it multiple times over and over again. Is there a short cut for this?

Thanks,
Catharina
Catharina

Re: Scrolling and selecting

09.08.2013, 09:29

Hi Catharina,

if you still run into troubles with displaying the codings we kindly ask you to contact our online support team, send your project, and describe how we can reproduce the problem:
http://www.maxqda.com/support/onlinesupport

There is no option for keeping the coded text selected, but this may be a good idea for the future and we have added this to our wish list. Perhaps this hint may help you already: If you have coded a text, a coding stripe appears next to the text. If you click on the stripe or its code name, MAXQDA will mark the same text again.

Best regards,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions