New codings not shown in the document browser

12.03.2013, 12:12

I use the MaxQDA USB-Stick version. Occasionally, often after saving, I do not get the coloured lines that indicate code in the document browser even though the code is still assigned via "drag and drop" when I open the codings window. I am not sure why this happens and what information you would need to trouble shoot this. Perhaps I am not the only one with this problem and/or you already have a solution. Please instruct me about what can be done about this.
Thomas Ring

Re: New codings not shown in the document browser

12.03.2013, 12:20

Actually, all codings of that specific codes have not been displayed any more as I have described in the previous post.

Work around:
After I changed the assigned colour of that code, the codings have been displayed again. I still would like to know what is causing the "strange behaviour" and how it can be stopped altogether.
Thomas Ring

20.03.2013, 10:28

Just to let MaxQDA know that the the display of newly applied codings in the document browser still disappear "randomly".
Thomas Ring

08.11.2013, 19:01

Is there any chance to get a reply to my enquiry?

I'm surprised as usually the staff replies to all questions so diligiently.
Thomas Ring

09.11.2013, 19:45

Hi Thomas,

we apologize that you haven't got an answer to your questions here. For some reason your thread has been sorted different in our view and came up again with your newest post.

Please right click in the grey area where the coding stripes are displayed - MAXQDA will present you an options window that allows you to control which stripes are displayed. Please check if all colors are checked and the options "Only activated codes" and "Only from user xy" are disabled.

Hope this helps,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
MAXQDA Professional Trainer
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions