MAXQDAplus contains the quantitative tool MAXDictio
MAXQDAplus is the extended version of MAXQDA – our world leading software for computer-assisted qualitative data analysis.
MAXDictio, is a fully integrated part of MAXQDAplus, which is specialised on the:
Quantitative content analysis, vocabulary analysis and dictionary creation.
Make the max of your work now by using this effective analysis tool, which is especially suitable for projects working with mixed methods approaches.
|Vocabulary Analysis||Dictionary Creation|
Simple analysis with MAXDictio
- Which topics are in my document?
- Which vocabulary is used by the interviewer?
- Are there any vocabulary differencies between the documents or the interviewers?
- Which vocabulary is found in which text and in which passages?
MAXDictio provides the following functions:
- Word frequencies in the whole text or in marked passages
- Word frequencies in text groups or in text sets, which have been put together based on textual criteria
- Free definition of text units (overlapping is possible)
- Editing texts and assigning them to text units is possible at any time throughout the process
- Exportability of the outcomes of the frequency-analysis to MS-Office programs (such as Excel or Word) and to SPSS, and through use of the Windows clipboard
- Index of selected words of one or more texts
- Possibility of jumping from each index entry to the underlying text passage
- Limitation of the analysis by Go-lists (containing a list of words which should be analyzed exclusively) and Stop-lists (which contain a list of words which should be blocked for analysis)
- Selective analysis by specific criteria, such as the value of socio-demographic variables, filtering by numeric data
- Building of word-based dictionaries
- Transfer of words from the word frequency table into the dictionary (by clicking on them)
- Export and import of dictionaries from MS Office programs (e.g. from Excel)
- Coding using of word-based dictionaries
- Results from the coder as editable and easy to sort Excel-like table
- Further processing of the results in SPSS and Excel
- Creation of a validation file for verification of codes
- A total integration into MAXQDA, which provides access to convenient functions such as “keyword-in-context” or automatic coding of text passages
For an overview of the MAXDictio functions please see the table of functions.
MAXDictio offers many classical quantitative content analysis techniques. It is not a competitive program for performing quantitative data analysis, but rather uses quantitative content analysis techniques to support and enrich qualitative data analysis. If you have worked with complicated and frustrating content analysis programs in the past, you are sure to appreciate MAXDictio.